Truestone helps design, build out and sustain the largest managed services network in all the civil government
TNet: The Department of Treasury's next generation enterprise wide area network (WAN).
AT&T™ Government Solutions was tasked with the building of TNet—a IP Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) network spanning 800-plus locations and supporting more than 100,000 employees of the U.S. Department of Treasury and its 12 bureaus with a single, converged backbone network to carry data, voice and video services. It also features secure remote access to support the agency's 33,000+ teleworkers as well as High Availability and disaster resilient services. Truestone's challenge was to provide AT&T with the augmented engineering, program management and administrative capabilities to rapidly deploy and sustain this nation-wide fully managed network service under the Networx program contract.
In 2008, Truestone established a Professional Services Agreement with AT&T that enabled it to offer a menu of services and best practice models at every stage of the TNet build out. Services and responsibilities include:
- Coordinate with AT&T Labs to design WAN architectures that would successfully support a wide array of specialized services across the entire Treasury operating environment
- Physically install routers, firewalls, anti-virus and other specified security devices at key locations nationwide
- Tier II and Tier III network engineering services to bring sites on-board and resolve any post installation issues. Train support staff on same services
- Domain Name System (DNS) engineering services, including UNIX administrative services
- Windows system administration engineering
- Information Assurance (IA) engineering for IA policy and implementations review and assessment
- Contingency operations (COOP) review
- Configuration Management, including configuration tests through AT&T Labs
- Invoice reconciliation and Service Level Agreement (SLA) engineering support
- Project Management at all key service points
A concerted effort on the part of Treasury, its bureaus, AT&T, its vendors and Truestone culminated in the successful migration of Treasury's legacy data telecommunications circuits to TNet and Networx in August, 2010.
Value to AT&T and Treasury
Truestone's engineering skills, domain knowledge, agility and best-value pricing enabled AT&T and the Department of Treasury obtain the volume of resources necessary to augment the TNet team and successfully complete and sustain this critical telecommunications project.
Impact and Benefits
Truestone consistently performs beyond expectations.
On time, within scope and on budget.
We never say, "that's not our job."
Truestone understands AT&T and Treasury's mission and how to meet agency goals.